House Keeping

One of the things I cannot abide while wargaming is having to complete unit sheets.  I prefer everything to be on table or at least on a quick reference sheet.  When we were playing Jarmara we had to keep referring to the unit sheet and that was annoying.

So I completed a quick reference sheet and laminated it to protect it when it inadvertently gets used as a coaster.  Here I placed all the main reference tables, the initiative rating and morale ratings for common units and all the new house rules.

The main use of the unit was keeping track of the units ammo.  Not a massive problem as the turns were far to short to worry about ammo counts.  Future games will involve game lengths of 12-18 turns to really feel the effects of limited ammo and get a more Spanish Civil War effect.

The first task for today was to paint up the final unit of Moroccans.  As time was pressing on the Jarmara project I borrowed some colonial troops from my Rapid Fire set.  That has now been rectified.

I also painted up a resin field tent I picked up in Leeds for peanuts.  Each side in AWA has a HQ section that has a command range of 24 inches and troops outside of that suffer morale penalties.  It would be nice to have a couple of terrain pieces to show where the HQ is location.

From our good friends at Pendraken I obtained a few packs of 7mm dice with holders.  I made several ammo/officer rating markers.  I kept them fairly bland and genetic as a three section dice marker is useful for a lot of games.


Here the marker is indicating that the unit has seven volleys left and has an average officer rating.



¡No pasarán!

Comments

Popular Posts