A change of direction


As you have probably noticed the blog has not been updated for a long while.  This is due to a couple of reasons.  Mainly I have the attention span of a gnat, so took a lot of time off to finish some other projects, and also that I was finding the rule set of A World Aflame a little unsatisfactory.  So, I drifted a while and procrastinated and generally did nothing SCW based for a long while.

I took a look around and toyed with some ideas until I stumbled across Trial by Fire (Copyright © 2016 Mehmet Batuhan Tunçdemir) which I thought was excellent.  The link to which is here.

These rules were fast, well thought out and had some lovely ideas.  They were primarily designed for World War One games but were also described as for use for Early 20th Century war games.

Being a meddler, I stuck in my oar and expanded the rules especially for the Spanish Civil War which had a few more motorised divisions and also a greater role for aircraft.

Not wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater I also tried to retain some of the elements of AWA, mainly the card event system.

The PDF is here.

¡No pasarán!





Comments

  1. Great work on expanding the rules. I think I'll have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts