A cook house in Jarmara - Work in progress



The only other building I needed to complete for Jarmara is the cook house.  From all accounts this was a fairly large  building situated in the game close to the Republican reinforcement point.  It had a wine cellar where several routing members of the Republican forces were found after fleeing from the onslaught of the Foreign Legion and the Moroccans.  As I have stated previously I like to base buildings on actually existing places.  So I chose the Roebuck Tavern in Sheffield.


When I advised my colleague Adam L that I was taking a picture of the pub for my blog he wanted his 15 minutes of fame and posed in front to give me a human scale.  The big clown.

I carry with me a wargaming sketch book where I log interesting looking buildings and wargame ideas.  Its full of doodles surrounded by scribbles.  Here are the notes for the cookhouse with estimates of the building dimensions for 15mm scale..


The Roebuck has a rather large extension which houses the toilets and part of the kitchen.  On the model I decided to make this a wood build stable constructed from foam board, cardboard and coffee stirrers.  The under boarding were pieces of mounting board left over from my mounting a picture for my old flat that never made the wall.  This is why I keep an old shoebox with scraps of card and wood.
The roof tiles are, ironically enough, made from a card leaflet that the council sent me to tell me how to recycle. I didn't need to be told twice.  The brickwork is also from the scrap box and is off cuts of embossed brickwork plasticard.

Just need to get the modelling finished and add a basic paint job and that will be another job ticked off the list.






¡No pasarán!

Comments

Popular Posts