Painting to wargame standard



Time to get some figures painted.  I'm going to start with the Spanish Foreign Legion figures as I have 54 of the little buggers to paint and that is just the rank and file.  As always, tempus fugit, so I going to paint them all to a "wargame standard".  I'm not going to win any Golden Demon awards for these figures but they should look ok on the table.  Once based up and matt varnished I could go back and highlight and touch up if I feel the need.

Step one:  Using a matt spray paint I undercoated the figures.  This is to ensure that future coats of paint will stick to the figures.


Step two:  I went back and touched up the undercoat with thinned down black paint.



Step three:  I block painted in the basic colors of the figure.  Bronzed fresh for the skin, aqua blue for the shirt, aqua blue, green and white mix for the trousers.  Dark brown for the gun.  Light brown for the hat and boots and ammunition packs and a touch on the beard.



Step four: A strong tone wash over the entire figure.



And that will do it.  I stress that, once again, you are not trying to achieve a wow factor and get the admiration of your friends and family for this technique however you will get some half decent looking figures on the table before you are looking for retirement and drawing your pension.  They will look fine on the table top and for this project that is what is important.

When I have to complete the officers and gun teams I might try and get the figures painted to a better looking standard but depends on how much of a shadow the deadline of April Fool's day is looming over me.

¡No pasarán!

Comments

Popular Posts