D-Day minus three


Easter bank holiday is upon us and it's time to review the situation.  What is going to make the cut and what is not?

The Fiat Biplane didn't make a re-appearance despite an exhaustive search and the replacement order from Minairons didn't arrive in time.  I have the model of  a Chato nearly finished and a model for a Republican bomber in stock.  For this game the air force is largely abstract so they are all going to go and no great loss.  I will still complete the planes for later game when they hang around the table more than one turn.  It would have been nice to include them for the photographs in the subsequent battle report but hey ho.

Most of the terrain plans will have to go.  I don't think there will time to make more trees, hills and roads.  I will have to use what I have and borrow the rest.

Figure wise there is still loads to do.  There are two squads of Legionaries and British to complete.  All the officers, runners, commissars, medics and machine teams need doing.  A lot to do but possible.

I would have liked to have completed hollow ammo crates to hide the amount of shots a squad has left.  That would take too much time and were always a "nice to have" rather than need.

Orders are a large part of the friction of the game.   The rules state that each squad need written rules which  the player must try to adhere to the best of their ability.  Chance cards have a big influence on the way orders are carried out so I really need to include orders.    I floated this idea to a couple of friends and was immediately ridiculed and mocked they balked at the idea.  I had a few ideas floating around my brain from my Rapid Fire games how to deal with orders in a more up to date fashion.  As this will not take too much time and will retain the spirit of the game they will make the cut....I hope.

Back to the old school theme of the game.  I decided to go back to my youth and utilize a big green sheet over books and DVD's to form hills.   My wargame table is currently in the shed awaiting dismantling as I can't fit it up the stairs in the house to the attic.  I am confident that this will look and work fine.  Well, even if it doesn't I'm doing it anyway.



¡No pasarán!








Comments

Popular Posts